POSITION TITLE: Resident Activities Coordinator (RAC)
PROGRAM: Palacio Del Sol
REPORTS TO: Program Director
SUMMARY The primary function of the Resident Activities Coordinator is to provide oversight of supportive services, collection of data and maintenance of documentation and coordination of activities to effectively assist residents and their occupant family members that have requested support in enhancing the quality of their lives and successfully participating in the educational and economic mainstream. The position provides residents with information about supportive access to local services and resources that can assist the residents to achieve their life opportunity objectives. The Resident Activities Coordinator will exercise self-initiative, maintain strict adherence of confidentiality of information regarding families and is an integral part of the community team that plays a critical role in the overall positive image of the community and enjoyment of its residents and the respect of the community’s neighbors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruit, Train and supervise all community staff and volunteer workers.
2. Arrange, Monitor and Promote resident participation in the area of meal programs, transportation, socialization, health, recreation and other related activities.
3. Responsible for daily maintenance of program records of participants and residents.
4. Responsible for monies received from participant’s contributions to the cost of meals in accordance with specified guidelines.
5. Insures compliance with all related program regulation, compliance and reporting as required by funding sources.
6. Assess the needs of the residents that reside in the community on a semi-annual basis by use of a survey and offer linkages and referral support to resident to positively and efficiently rectify the situation.
7. Identify, attend community meetings, assess, select, develop and maintain referral partnership relations with local service resource agencies that effectively assist residents to achieve their life opportunity objectives and maintain resource directory.
8. Develop a monthly calendar and community newsletter with articles to be distributed to the residents within community in a timely manner. Keep a log of monthly events held and the services provided. Submit monthly reports to the designated person or funding source
9. Assist residents with computer skills, staffing beauty salon, garden and pool activities.
10. Possess the ability to exercise professional judgment in carrying out responsibilities.
11. Work within a team based environment; develops and maintains productive staff relationships.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by President/CEO and/or Community Program Director.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
1. Ability to communicate with tact and compassion, relate and respond to the needs of the participants and volunteers.
2. Ability to teach, facilitate, organize, lead and involve the participants in program activities.
3. Ability to move with ease and agility.
4. Ability to communicate clearly, highly proficient in oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
5. Must be willing to work on flex schedule as needed.
6. Must have valid drivers license (CDL preferred) and reliable transportation
7. Must posses outstanding organizational and computer skills.
8. Must be dependable and trustworthy.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. BA or BS degree from accredited college/university.
2. Two (2) years experience may be substituted for every year of college required
3. Five (5) year experience in a related field.
4. Must have sound management skills, i.e. leadership, delegation, staff supervision, team development, planning, communication, coordination, etc.
5. Must be familiar with the specific needs of communities populated with families of varied cultures and economic problems.
6. Must be actively participating in activities to increase professional skills, i.e. workshops, school training, etc.
7. Must have Food Handling Certification.