MAUC in partnership with the City of San Antonio and varied vendors develop programs geared specifically for our senior community. These programs provide development of mind, body and soul. This is accomplished through social involvement and enrichment through nourishment. Nourishment comes from positive re-enforcement programs and good nutrition programs.
MAUC will survey the target audience annually and provide services and educational classes as determined by the senior's needs. Programs that MAUC offers are free of no charge and are listed below:
1. Nutrition Program - The Nutrition Program through the City of San Antonio and AAACOG, grants provide a wonderful nutrition program.
2. Commodities - Commodities that are offered through the San Antonio Food Bank and Hispanic Religious Partnership (monthly groceries) are issued to Palacio Del Sol senior tenants.
3. Medicare/Medicaid Assistance – Palacio Del Sol (MAUC senior property) is in partnership with various durable medical equipment companies, consultations services, referrals in dealing with physicians, medical hospitals, nursing and re-habilitation needs as well as spiritual and environmental issues that aid seniors.
4. Grocery Shopping and Medical Appointments – Transportation is provided by an on staff property licensed operator for a 25 passenger bus for scheduled trips to the grocery store and medical appointments.
5. Computer Lab – An on location computer lab with internet services is available to senior tenants.
6. Art Classes for Adults – Scheduled art classes are available, please contact Palacio Del Sol for location of art classes.
Community Programs Manager
Resident Activities Coordinator