PDS Services and Programs
Palacio del Sol Services and Programs:
MAUC in partnership with the City of San Antonio and varied vendors develop programs geared specifically for our senior community. These programs provide development of mind, body and soul. This is accomplished through social involvement and enrichment through nourishment. Nourishment comes via positive re-enforcement programs and good nutrition.
- Nutrition Program – thru City of San Antonio and AAACOG, grants provide a wonderful nutrition program.
- Commodities - thru the San Antonio Food Bank and Hispanic Religious Partnership, monthly groceries are given to our seniors.
- Medicare/Medicaid – in partnership with various Durable Medical Equipment companies, provide benefits, consultations, referrals that aid our seniors dealing with doctors, hospitals, nursing/rehab situations as well as spiritual and environmental.
- Shopping & Doctor’s Appointments – bi-weekly grocery shopping and doctor visits to include transportation by an on staff property driver licensed to operator a 25-passsenger bus.
- Computer Labs – on location a computer lab with internet services available to senior tenants.
- Social Services – provide social services to include assistance in preparing documents such as translation of English to Spanish or Spanish to English, assist in contacting government agencies, e.g., Medicaid, Social Security, and Internal Revenue Service.
- Free scheduled transportation
- On-site Resident Activities Coordinator
- Weekly resident social events
- Spiritual wellness program
- Computer and educational classes
- Prescription medication assistance
- Exercise and water aerobics
- Social services referrals and assistance
- Health screenings and wellness education
- Professionally managed with 24-hours emergency maintenance
- Monthly newsletter and activity calendar